Sunday, October 26, 2008

Birthday Challenge

Yes, it is my birthday today! Spending it at home. Yesterday, I was checking Lindsay's blog and found she has this 3 challenges, you can participate in one or all three . You can click here to check for more info.
On the first card I made it for the challenge # 1 Technique: Where I am try to keep stamps and embellishments short by not stamping at all . I was inspired by a great artist paper in Etsy. I used a paper piercing and as letter molds I used Chipboard Alphabet from Jo-Ann Scrap Essentials. It was easy and therapeutic.

just a different view of the same card.

This card, I made for Challenge # 2 Color: Making a card with none Christmasy colors!? Holy cow! Well, I did my best and I think I pull it off. Let me think, for this one I used a lot of tiny little things specially color. I used all Stampin Up colors from the Bold brights set of ink pads ( Tempting turquoise, Orchid Opulence, Yoyo Yellow) I usedPunch Pals stamp set, Bassil purplish cardstock and my mind's eye designer paper. Ufff... I think I got them all. If you have any questions about any of the materials please let me know!

I have made other Christmas cards but I have always used, you kow the regular colors, greens and reds, etc. I like how this one turned out, what do you think? Do you think you can make a Christmas card with non-traditional colors? Give it a try!

This is the inside of the card. Enjoy it and don't forget to let me know what you think.

In the mean time, I am going to keep making some more cards or even better I will keep checking blogs for ideas!
Hugs!

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

Great cards!
Thanks for participating in my blog challenge... and good luck with the prize drawing!!!

Lindsay said...

ooops, I almost forgot... Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!

Anthonette said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

I love what you made. The paper pierced card is fabulous. There's so many talented artists on Etsy.

The non-traditional Christmas card was cool. TFS!

Traveling Mama said...

Cute cards! I especially love your snowman card... he is just too cute!